Michelin is hiring!
- - - - - - - - - - - -
The Michelin US5 Plant is located in Lexington County, and is proud to be an integral partner in one of the fastest growing communities in South Carolina. We are centrally located to many of the state's top destinations with Lake Murray nestled in our backyard. Our team has been manufacturing premium tires for passenger and light truck vehicles since 1981. Our facility is over 3 football fields in length, employs more than 1,600 team members and holds a variety of complex tire building machinery. We are committed to positively impacting the community through volunteer efforts. Our Purpose centers around driving excellence and innovation with our people at the heart of our organization.
The Reliability Engineer ensures that the maintenance strategy is relevant to the performance objectives of the facility, and is applied. He/she improves the effectiveness and the efficiency of the Technical teams by establishing reliability methods and corresponding tools. This engineer also ensures proper implementation of maintenance practices.
KEY EXPECTED ACHIEVEMENTS:
• Reduce maintenance costs (spare parts consumption reduction, outsourcing justification, etc.)
• Ensure integrity of maintenance dashboards and data indicators
• Support calls from operational maintainers
• Perform periodical reviews of maintenance plans – produce timely reports on performance and action plans evolution countering undesired trends
• Give recommendations on projects
• Support Total Process Control (MTP) approach (work with the MTP Quality Coordinator on consolidation of resource requirements, MTP indicators, implementation of action plans and coherence of quality PM’s with the conclusions of the MTP workshops)
• Analyze benchmark data as it relates to process performance
• Update skills mapping to include training documents - “one point lessons” on methods and tools
• Assist in predictive tools (oil analysis, infrared, vibration analysis, ultrasonic)
• Lead projects to address obsolescence
• Associates/Bachelors degree or equivalent Industrial Reliability experience
• Previous experience in running projects (Project Management)
• Automation knowledge would be a plus (in addition to mechanical)
• Working knowledge of Preventative Maintenance Methods/Approach
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Power point) Other programs such as Power BI, OSI PI, etc. would be a plus
• CMRP certification is a plus
• Use and knowledge of a CMMS system in previous roles is a plus
Inspire Motion for Life: Apply Today!
As the leading mobility company, we work with tires, around tires and beyond tires to enable Motion for Life. Dedicated to enhancing our clients’ mobility and sustainability, Michelin designs and distributes the most suitable tires, services and solutions for our customers’ needs. Michelin provides digital services, maps and guides to help enrich trips and travels and make them unique experiences. Bringing our expertise to new markets, we invest in high-technology materials, 3D printing and hydrogen, to serve a wide a variety of industries—from aerospace to biotech. Headquartered in Greenville, South Carolina, Michelin North America has approximately 23,000 employees and operates 34 production facilities in the United States and Canada.
MICHELIN® tires have been ranked the #1 Tire Brand across major categories and segments by industry experts and consumers alike. For nearly three decades we’ve been recognized for our achievements in Customer Satisfaction, Performance, Durability, Technology and Innovation.
Michelin cares for the personal and professional development of its employees. We support career advancement through various options, which include: skill and career development, training, career exploration and work with cross-functional teams. We offer the possibility of a varied and fulfilling career path in an environment where unique contributions are valued.
Michelin offers 10 Business Resource Groups (BRGs) which are all-inclusive groups created and led by employees who have shared life experiences across various diversity dimensions. Each group supports business strategies and initiatives along with meeting the needs of members. The goal of each group is to help employees feel welcome and included, support employee engagement and encourage professional development. BRGs also provide cross-cultural support, career management resources and opportunities for community involvement.
Michelin provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit-based factors. Consistent with these obligations, Michelin also provides reasonable accommodations to employees and applicants with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.
This position is not available for immigration sponsorship.
Get in the driver’s seat and be on your way to a meaningful professional journey!